Tuesday, August 19, 2008

In the beginning:

I had a horrible time. Well, maybe not a horrible time. I can at least say I had a draining time. What exactly am I speaking of? What exactly drained me to the extent of expressing it through text over the internet? The answer: my first few days of my third year of college.

Yes, I know, there are people starving in Africa. Of course someone out there is having a harder time than me; things like this happen. We all live and thrive off of the lessoning of others. We kill to eat and degrade to feel better. Pretty much, within humanity and most things involved, happiness or betterment can not be achieved without some sort of detriment to something or someone else.

Assuming the idea just brought up is truth, then where is all the happiness being sucked out of students going? Is the evil Space Pope syphoning it off? Is Count Absorbant Sponge Cake absorbing it all? The answer to those questions is no. There was no point to the last paragraph, but I hope it entertained you.

The happiness really doesn't go anywhere by the way, we just allow it to vanish. There are a select few things that really do drain happiness; death and family get-togethers for example. But for the most part, we are the ones in charge of the happiness/sadness ratio.

There really is no absolute reason for my current drained state. I can name off a few of candidates, but as already stated, it is up to me whether or not these things drain me. Here is the list of possible draining factors:

1. More involved classes. I'm an excellent note and test taker. I can even write. Anything else and I have to try for it.

2. A partially new job. I don't like not knowing things. At work, that is all I do.

3. Family strife. I don't like arguments. I cause them by living though.

But, in the end, I'm sure I'll be fine. I'll cope and chill with the Space Pope.

No comments: